Business Interruption Compensation Guarantee
Effective 3/16/17 if the Coronavirus outbreak does not allow an hourly employee to reach a typical 40 hour work week Monarch Beverage, E.F. Transit & WellHealth Worx will guarantee their base rate pay through 4/17/2020
Under the following circumstances employees absences from work will be treated as if they are work related illnesses:
- If they have been confirmed with symptomatic laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 or are considered a patient under investigation consistent with the CDC’s definition guidance-prevent-spread. Note: Cannot Return To Work (RTW) until 14 days after the confirmed positive test date and are symptom free for 24 hours
- If they have been exposed directly to someone, who has been confirmed, by a lab based test, with COVID-19 within the past 14 days (exposure is anyone that has been in contact within 6 feet of the person) Note: Cannot RTW until 14 days after the confirmed positive test date and are symptom free for 24 hours.
- If they have traveled to an area the CDC has designated Level 3 Affected Country/Area (Europe, China, Iran, Italy and South Korea) Current listing: cdc.gov.travel Note: Cannot RTW for 14 days from the last date of travel to the area, even if they are asymptomatic
- If they have; or they live with someone who has; or they have been in direct contact with (within 6 feet) someone who has had the following symptoms within the past 14 days:
- Fever over 100.4 and…
- Cough and…
- Shortness of breath
There will be a more stringent standard placed on individuals who have been in direct contact with a medical professional who has been in direct contact with a known person who has tested positive for COVID-19 or is considered a patient of interest. The WHW medical staff will follow the CDCs guidelines when providing direction to the employee on their work status. See CDC’s guidelines for more details.
Note: Cannot RTW until 14 days after the first signs of symptoms, from the person who displayed symptoms, have resolved. If the employee or the person they had direct contact with, who displayed the symptoms, have tested negative for COVID-19 or have tested positive for influenza A, then the employee can return to work within 24 hours of individual displaying the symptoms are symptom free.
Employees who have been asked to quarantine themselves under any of these circumstance must be cleared to Return to Work by the WellHealth Worx Medical Staff. These visits will be conducted via telemedicine visits. Visit WellHealth Worx website to schedule a visit or call 317-612-3193 to make an appointment.
Employees at a higher risk for a severe illness should work from home and remain as productive as possible. Accommodations will be made for these individuals, regardless of if they can work from home. Employees should work with their Department Managers for specific instructions.
Higher risk individuals are considered to be:
- New guidance: Overweight people with a BMI over 40 among those most at risk of coronavirus.
- Older individuals age 65 and older
- Individuals with coronary artery disease: history of a heart attack, congestive heart, coronary artery stents, angina, etc, coronary artery blockage.
- Individuals with Type 1 or 2 on insulin
- Individuals with chronic lung diseases like: COPD, emphysema, pulmonary hypertension, moderate to severe asthma on daily maintenance inhalers.
- Individuals with cancer undergoing treatment.
- Individuals with autoimmune diseases on immunosuppressing medications like patients with psoriatic arthritis on Remicade, patients with Crohn’s disease on immunosuppressing meds., etc
- Women who are pregnant
For employees who live with or care for individuals who may be considered high risk and feel they need to self-isolate will be asked to use PTO.
Scenarios & Benefits
For employees that can work remotely we will make reasonable accommodations to do so starting 3/17/2020.
- Pregnant women were asked to work from home when appropriate or the leave will be considered a work related illness and it will be covered under the leave policy.
- Individuals who are considered at High Risk were asked to work from home when appropriate or the leave will be considered a work related illness and it will be covered under the leave policy.
Guidelines and protocols for each department will be issued by your department manager. Each employee who works remotely is expected to do their part to remain productive and flexible as we work to remain operational while maintaining the quality of service our customers expect.
Meetings, Operations & Travel Policy
The following visitor, meeting and travel policy will be in effect until 4/10/2020 after which time it will be re-evaluated for further guidance.
- We will suspend all unnecessary visitors that are not deemed crucial to operations for the next 30 days.
- All visitors that are deemed necessary will be required to answer the following questions:
- Have you traveled to an area the CDC has designated Level 3 Affected Country/Area (Europe, China, Iran, Italy and South Korea) Current listing: cdc.gov.travel
- Have you or someone you have been in contact with experienced the following symptom in the past 14 days:
- Fever over 100.4 and…
- Cough and…
- Shortness of breath
- Been confirmed with COVID-19 or considered a patient of interest Note: Visitors who answer yes will not be permitted into the building.
- All meetings should be conducted via conference calls when possible.
- All business travel has been cancelled to an area the CDC has designated Level 3 Affected Country/Area (Europe, China, Iran, Italy and South Korea) Current listing: cdc.gov.travel
- Business travel in general is discouraged but may be approved by the CEO or GM when necessary.
- Conferences, group training and luncheons where social distancing is difficult should cancelled and must be approved by the SVP, GM or CEO
- Employees affected by the closure of the On-premise accounts will receive information from their supervisor or their Department Manager about their daily work expectations. Any concerns should be directed to their supervisor or HR (Director of).
- All gyms at Monarch are now closed for non-work-related use (e.g. Physical therapy)
- No food deliveries to Monarch Beverage
- All schedule accommodations due to school closures should be made by 3/20/2020
- All employees should be signed up to receive MB Alerts by 3/20/2020 to guarantee timely communication across the entire company
- Employees should use the POS entrance whenever possible to avoid making contact with commonly used door handles