Bored of the Same Ol’ Dinners? Try out these Turkey Bowls!
Cory's Turkey Bowls
A simple yet delicious dinner you and your family will love!
- 1 lb Ground Turkey
- 2 cups Green Beans chopped, ends trimmed
- 2 Bell Peppers (I use orange) diced
- 1 Large Tomato diced
- 1 15 oz Canned Corn (or use corn on the cob like I do!)
- 1 Large avocado diced
- 1/2 Medium Red Onion diced
- Dollops Plain Greek Yogurt (I use Fage's 5%) great nutritious substitute for sour cream
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil extra virgin
- 1.5 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1.5 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- Salt, Pepper, and any of your other favorite seasonings to taste I personally love to use the Mexican Fiesta Seasoning found at Trader Joe's!
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Melt 1 tbsp of oil in the pan. Add in the ground turkey and cook (typically ~15 minutes) until the turkey is tender and no longer pink.
- While the ground turkey is cooking, cut and dice all of the veggies and avocado.
- Sautee the bell peppers in 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- While the peppers are cooking, start to cook the green beans.
- Once the meat, bell peppers, and green beans are done – the turkey bowls are ready to assemble!
- You can mix everything together in a large bowl or keep everything separated and everyone can create their own bowl.
Don't feel like you have to follow this recipe to a T! Mix in some of your favorite non-starchy vegetables or seasonings. What's so great about this recipe is that you can FREESTYLE and it still turns out DELICIOUS and NUTRITIOUS.